|2015-2016 Recruitment Announcement
Thank you very much for your interest in this position. Please click here to view the recruitment schedule
Position Title: Instructor of Composition/EAP
Faculty Academic English (FAE) Program provides credit-bearing courses in English for Academic Purposes from freshman year to graduate level and aims to ensure that all students are equipped with high level academic writing, speaking and analytical skills to contribute to success in their main departmental courses. This is a demanding program which ensures that students graduate with high level academic English skills as part of their academic degree.
We invite applications from motivated and hardworking local language instructors who have a strong sense of responsibility and are willing to work in a professionally demanding environment.
• A university degree (BA, BSc, BEd) and a relevant post-graduate degree (e.g. MA, MSc), in English Language Teaching or other relevant field
• KPDS/UDS score of 85 or above, or an equivalent score from IELTS/TOEFL/Cambridge suite of exams
• ALES score of 70 or above
• A minimum of 3 years full-time EFL/EAP experience at the university level would be a distinct advantage.
What can I expect as an instructor coming to Bilkent University?
• An induction program at the beginning of the year
• A high quality University environment
• Membership of a vibrant school community of some 300 international and local staff
• Opportunity to do research in second / foreign language learning
• A top-notch library and electronic resources to support learning and career development
• Salary depending on qualifications and years of experience
Contractual Benefits and Obligations
i) meal tickets;
ii) subsidized private medical insurance;
iii) retirement plan;
iv) comprehensive teaching resources and materials.
All instructors are required to:
• teach advanced EAP up to 20 contact hours per week;
• successfully complete their probationary requirements by the end of the first semester;
• attend professional development sessions and/or courses offered during the contractual period and meet other probationary
Applicants who have successfully completed the recruitment process may view a copy of the contract, Staff Handbook and FAE Probation Handbook. Please send your password request to email@example.com.
Applicants are required to submit an application form with a recent JPEG photo. After completing the application form, please send it by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org together with your JPEG picture.
• Only fully-completed BUSEL application forms sent by the applicants who meet the minimum job requirements will be processed.
• All applications are kept confidential, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by e-mail.
Bilkent University School of English Language
East Campus, N Building, CZ 10
tel : +90 (312) 290 1712
fax: +90 (312) 266 4320