|2015-2016 Recruitment Announcement
Thank you very much for your interest in this position. Please click here to view the recruitment schedule
Would you like to have a teaching career in English Language Teaching (ELT)?
We offer you the opportunity to start working as a university instructor, teaching general English or English for Academic Purposes (EAP) in one of the top universities in Turkey. We welcome applications from university graduates who meet the following minimum requirements.
Minimum Job Requirements
Applicants should have:
• A University degree (BA, BSc, BEd) in English Language Teaching or other relevant field, i.e. Linguistics, English/American Language
and Literature and Translation
• KPDS/ÜDS score of 85 or an equivalent score from IELTS/TOEFL/Cambridge suite of exams
• ALES score of 70
What can I expect as an instructor coming to Bilkent University?
• An induction program at the beginning of the year, with year-long mentoring support
• A high quality University environment
• An in-service Cambridge University ESOL ICELT program with full scholarship
• Opportunity to progress to a Master’s degree and/or a high level English language teaching qualification (Cambridge University ESOL
DELTA**) with scholarship
• Membership of a vibrant school community of some 300 international and local staff
• Opportunity to do research in second / foreign language learning
• A top-notch library and electronic resources to support learning and career development
• A twelve month university contract with the opportunity to renew with an enhanced contract
• Full scholarship for a ICELT course (all course expenses will be covered by BUSEL)
• Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
• Subsidized private medical insurance
• Retirement plan
• Meal tickets
• University gym membership
Applicants are required to submit an application form with a recent JPEG photo. After completing the application form, please send it by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org together with your JPEG picture.
• Only fully-completed BUSEL application forms sent by the applicants who meet the minimum job requirements will be processed.
• All applications are kept confidential, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by e-mail.
Bilkent University School of English Language
East Campus, N Building, CZ 10
tel : +90 (312) 290 17 12
fax: +90 (312) 266 43 20
* ICELT (Cambridge University ESOL In-Service Certificate in English Language Teaching)
** DELTA (Cambridge University ESOL Diploma in English Language Teaching to Adults)