Extending Practice and ELT Specialism.
Module Three aims to develop candidates’ knowledge of and competence in:
- a chosen specialism
- approaches to needs analysis
- curriculum and syllabus design principles
- different types of syllabus
- course design and evaluation
- assessment of learners.
To achieve these aims, candidates need to:
- research a chosen specialism
- understand and use appropriate methods of needs analysis/ diagnostic assessment for a specific group of learners
- understand and apply key principles underpinning syllabus design and course planning
- consider learner assessment and course evaluation
- synthesise all their learning into a project which can be coherently presented to a third party.
- The full syllabus can be downloaded at www.cambridgeenglish.org/delta/prepare
The module is assessed by means of a 4,000–4,500 word Extended Assignment in which candidates carry out an independent investigation leading to the design of a course programme related to their chosen specialist area. The assignment is externally marked by University of Cambridge examiners.
For more information visit Cambridge English website http://www.cambridgeenglish.org/teaching-english/teaching-qualifications/delta/about-the-delta-modules/